Clinic is located on E. Franklin St. less than 2 miles from campus. Great opportunity to gain experience and clinical hours working directly under healthcare providers. On site training and flexible hours.
- Job Type: Full time and part time positions available
- Weekday shifts 8am – 8pm, Weekends 8am – 4pm (partial shift availability also)
- Salary: $14.00 – $16.50/ hr
High school diploma or equivalent
- BLS/CPR Certification
Certified Medical Assistant or EMT-B
Medical Assistant duties:
- patient triage
- preparing and administering medications and vaccines
- routine laboratory tests (COVID, strep, mono, urinalysis, etc.)
- collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- assist the provider as directed during emergency situations, treatments, examinations, and procedures
- Work directly under healthcare providers (MDs, PAs, NPs)
No prior medical assistant experience required
Online application link:
Click “View current openings”
- Search “Chapel Hill” in search bar
- Choose between full and part time availability
You can additionally email a copy of your resume to Chapel Hill Clinic Manager, Tenika Moffitt at email@example.com
Octapharma Plasma– EMT-B
Opportunity posted 3/1/21
Octapharma Plasma is hiring EMTs. For details, click here.
Orange County EMS – Paramedic
Opportunity posted 9/16/19
Orange County has openings for Paramedics. For details, click here.
Orange County EMS – EMT-B
Opportunity posted 9/16/19
Orange County has openings for permanent and temporary Emergency Medical Technicians. For details, click here.
First Choice Medical Transport
Opportunity posted 9/16/19
First Choice Medical Transport is a Raleigh-Durham, Chapel Hill based company that provides BLS ambulance services for non-emergent medical assistance to patients across North Carolina.
- Transport patients via stretcher to and from hospitals, nursing/rehab facilities, dialysis centers, doctor appointments and cancer centers
- Assess patients and monitor vitals during transport
- Communicate with hospital/facility staff and family members
- Possess a current NC OEMS EMT certification at the minimum Basic level
- Possess a valid NC driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Be able to handle heavy lifting
- Accurately complete documentation and clerical duties related to the position
- Perform daily cleaning and general maintenance for the vehicles and equipment, and restock supplies.
- Demonstrate effective communications skills
Excellent opportunity for Pre-Med/PA/RN paid clinical hours, we also offer paid daily overtime and bonuses. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include a criminal back ground check, drug screening, education, and references and license verification.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
More info: http://firstchoicemedicaltransport.com/work-with-us/
Apply on indeed here
1870 Farm Summer Camp
Opportunity posted 7/14/19
We are looking for a knowledgable staff person to act as our “nurse” at 1870 Farm Summer Camp immediately through the end of the summer camp season (Aug 23). The camp nurse provides basic first aid and care to campers, and additional office tasks will be required based on day-to-day workflow. 1870 Farm Summer Camp is a day camp for children ages 5-16 that strives to foster a love for the outdoors, through activities like outdoor play, farm-to-table cooking, and daily animal interactions. This is a paid position of $13/hr for approx 34 hours each week, Mon-Fri, in Chapel Hill, NC. Please email the camp director at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to apply.
Opportunity posted 6/14/19
Looking for EMT, AEMT, or Paramedics that are NC Certified for FULL TIME employment in an expanding Non Emergency Medical Transportation Business. M-F Occasional Saturday and Sunday. High School Diploma, Valid CPR/EMT Basic Certification-Certified by the State of NC, or transferable.Must have a valid driver’s license. Driver must have clean driving record and drivers license must be active for five years with no breaks in coverage. No DUI / DWI or careless driving will be considered.Must pass drug test. Must pass background check.
Here at HealthFirst Transport, we are the leader in our industry in the Raleigh/Durham North Carolina area. We’re now hiring a seasoned and “green” EMTs to join our growing team. If you’re hard-working and dedicated, HealthFirst Transport is an excellent company for you. You’ll be glad you applied.
- Examine and evaluate patients to determine necessary care
- Provide patients with emergency care by utilizing appropriate techniques and equipment
- Document patient information, condition, and treatment
- Maintain patient confidentiality and perform all care with respect for patient rights
- Transport patients in accordance with outined policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe, clean, and well-stocked environment for patients
- Operate and drive ambulance in conjunction with applicable safety policies and laws
- Provide basic life support and gather patient data
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Current EMT certification/license in the state of practice
- Current CPR certification
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in the state of North Carolina
- NO reckless driving, DUI / DWI or careless driving will be considered.
- 1 year of experience in an emergency care setting preferrred
- Ability to bend, pull, push, and lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Demonstrated ability to implement clinical care in accordance with outlined policies and procedures
- Ability to exercise sound judgment while working in a stressful environment
- Must be NC Certified EMT. AEMT, Paramedic
- Must pass drug test. Must pass background check. Must be 21 yrs or older for insurance.
- Great for those seeking to increase patient contact hours for Med/Nursing/PA School, etc.Reserve and Former Military Welcome!!
- Apply at:https://flyingtigers.wufoo.com/forms/z1k9w0mx1a5n1r2/
Durham County Emergency Management Student Volunteers
Opportunity posted: 12/05/18
Durham County Emergency Management is looking for student volunteers to become part of their team! We have a variety of project types available. Students do not need to be Emergency Management or even Public Safety majors to apply. This is a wonderful opportunity to strengthen your resume with real-world experience, work with a variety of community partners and see how your coursework relates to real events! Those interested in applying should contact our Emergency Management Planner at (919) 560-0621 or email@example.com.